Banana Nut Bread
Have extra bananas on hand? Use them up with this easy peezy banana nut bread recipe the whole family will love! Plus tips for perfect texture and fun flavor additions!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 1-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts plus extra for topping
- powdered cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas very ripe (about 2 large bananas or 3 small to medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a ceramic or light-colored metal loaf pan.
In the microwave or on the stove over low heat, melt the stick of butter. Set aside to let cool slightly.
In a small sauté pan, toast the walnuts over medium-high heat until fragrant but not burned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and toasted walnuts. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, stir together the cooled melted butter, mashed bananas, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. With a spatula or spoon, even out the top of the batter and sprinkle any extra toasted walnuts or cinnamon sugar if desired.
Bake on the center oven rack for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Allow the loaf to cool slightly before cutting. Serve warm with honey butter, vanilla ice cream, or chocolate fudge sauce!
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1.8mg